Subject: Re: CPU specific Idle() function in locore_subr.S
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/20/2005 08:51:28
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:04:34 -0800
Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> wrote:

> My suggestion would be to add a member to cpu.h and call it
> indirectly.  I can do that code if you want.  It's only a few minutes
> to do. :)

I see the changes - thanks! I'll start examining how to implement the
different approaches, starting with adding dssall for Altivec CPUs.

One question I have: in the MPC7450 User's Manual, it states that a
"context switching" instruction must be given after the mtmsr
MSR[PSL_EE] instruction. Would you be able to elaborate or clarify this
statement, as I'm not real clear on what this means.

thanks, and I appreciate your working on a suggestion of mine.
tim