Subject: Re: netbsd on OSX
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 10/09/2003 22:02:35
On 2003.10.09 20:42 Matt Thomas wrote:

[Moved from port-powerpc@NetBSD.org over here]

> > Someone using Mac OSX for netbsd cross-development?
> Some do.
> > Or what is the best platform for cross-developing
> > to a 8260 ppc platform...
> NetBSD of course.  The faster the better. :)
Speaking of "foreign" build environments: Shouldn't NetBSD be buildable
on any (POSIX) *IX?

I tried to build on an Octane/IRIX and on an Alpha/Tru64 and had not
much success. The trouble starts with nbmake that wants asprintf(3) that
is not available on IRIX and Tru64. Even worse: IRIX has no BSD
vfork(2). From IRIX fork(2)
     It should also be noted that this vfork
     is NOT and DOES NOT have the same semantics as the original BSD
vfork.

And I needed to use /usr/local/bin/ksh (== pdksh) to execute build.sh...

--

tschüß,
       Jochen