Subject: Re: Regarding ICE/IDE for use while porting NetBSD onto PowerPC based
To: None <mg.yogesha@wipro.com>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_=C4ngg=E5rd?= <erik.anggard@packetfront.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/18/2003 13:46:39
Hi Yogi,

We previously also used VisionProbe for debugging our powerpc-cards but
we were very unhappy with it.
 After that we got an Abatron BDI2000
(http://www.abatron.ch/BDI/bdihw.html) that we are very content with. It
has a simple telnet command line interface and you can also connect gdb
to it. We have only used it when developing our bootloader and for
programming flash memory. It could be a bit tricky to get it to work for
kernel-debbuging since the kernel runs with the MMU on. There is a
section in the manual on how to do it for linux-kernels  so maybe it is
possible to adapt that to get it to work with NetBSD.

/Erik