Subject: Re: bzero.S and assym.h (Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/lib/libkern/arch/powerpc)
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 12/01/2001 16:29:11
|  If powerpc/bzero.S is the only asm source which requires assym.h,
|  my patch would be OK, but I think this should be MI and
|  sys/lib/libkern/Makefile.inc should have this dependency.

  It's only needed because bzero needs to know the cache line
size for optimized bzeroing. As this is a PPC specificum, I'm
not sure it is worth the bother to invent a MI mechanism for it.

|  for kernel, but how about libkern for standalone programs?
|  If libkern for SA programs also requires CACHELINESIZE,
|  we have to prepare another method..

  I wasn't aware that libkern is (can be) used outside of kernel
source. Is it? If so, then yes, we'd need to think about some
way to get at that number.

	mjl