Subject: Re: mpc823/860 status?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Takashi Hosokawa <takashi@plathome.co.jp>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 10/16/2001 19:07:10
Hi,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> I didn't find anything new in the port-powerpc mailing list archive, and
> grepping htdocs/Ports/*/* didn't turn up anything either, so:
>
> 	What's the status of NetBSD WRT support of mpc823/860?
>
> In that context, why is there a htdocs/Ports/openblocks, but no
> /sys/arch/openblocks ?!

I'm now porting NetBSD on OpenBlockS (mpc860). But current pmap has
bugs. This is only the reason why I do not import mpc8xx port into
CVS. Since I have to rewrite pmap.c (current implementation is based on
i386 pmap.c). I's a totaly different VM space structure between i386 and
powerpc. Current powerpc implementation has independent kernel VA and user
VA, on the other hands, i386 has same VA space. My idea is, like ibm4xx
ports, add mpc8xx directory into powerpc directoty and share powerpc
specific source code. This means change VM space structure (and pmap.c) to
meet for current powerpc port. Any other good idea ? I welcome any
suggestions.

Regards,
Takashi Hosokawa

Takashi Hosokawa