Subject: Temporary GPR mapping
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: karan khanna <karan@cdotd.ernet.in>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/02/2001 16:53:19
--------------E9A6C54C56537CCB42E4ADB1

--------------71E969DF18BA531809C8FE9E

Hi All !!!

    This is a query regarding the temporary mapping of the GPR's
(specific to 603e).
    It has been mentioned in the 603e manual that when TGPR (14 th ) bit
in the
    MSR  is set it makes a duplicate copy of GPR0 - GPR3 and TGPR0 -
TGPR3
    are made available and any operations made on GPR0-3 is done on
TGPR0-3.

    But it also has been mentioned that these are to be used in TLB miss
routines.
    My query is realted to this i.e whether these registers can be made
available only
    during the processing of any exception by just setting the TGPR bit
in MSR or
    is it specific to TBL exceptions only.

regards
karan

When the going gets tough...
        The tough get going.

--------------71E969DF18BA531809C8FE9E

Hi All !!!
the GPR's (specific to 603e).
TGPR (14 th ) bit in the
- GPR3 and TGPR0 - TGPR3
is done on TGPR0-3.
be used in TLB miss routines.
can be made available only
the TGPR bit in MSR or
<pre>--&nbsp;

When the going gets tough...
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The tough get going.

***************************************************************************</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------71E969DF18BA531809C8FE9E--

--------------E9A6C54C56537CCB42E4ADB1