Subject: Re: BSD on an rs6k with MCA bus?
To: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
From: Frank Louwers <frank@student.rug.ac.be>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/11/2000 17:18:49
On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 11:13:56AM -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
> > So it *is* a powerPC system, but one without a PCI bus, but with an MCA bus.
>
> That gets you a little bit closer.
>
> But you'd still most likely need to write code for various support
> chips, and code to deal with booting (I'm assuming it doesn't use Open
> Firmware), etc. So it would still be a lot of work.

About the booting and Open Firmware: this is a term that i see reappearing
every now and then on the linux-rs6k pages and the {open,net}bsd ones.

What is it? And how do I know if I have it?

frank - who is affraid he's stuck with aix for a while :(

--
Frank Louwers                                      Unix System Administrator
PGP:  1024D/3F6A7EDD D597 566A BDF5 BBFB C308  447A 5E81 1188 3F6A 7EDD