Subject: Re: powermac progress
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/08/1998 10:04:13
> You might talk to Allen Briggs about it. He probably could get you space
> on puma (puma/ftp/www.macbsd.com). I'm not sure if puma's net link is fast
> enough to play cvs host, though.

The machine isn't, but will be shortly.  I'm not sure about the link,
though--it's been getting flaky.  I'm in the process of putting in a
FT1, though.  That should help the reliability of the link, but it might
be slower than the current link is at times.

> ? Are powerpc binaries that much bigger than m68k ones?

Yes.  I don't know if we have shared library code for the PPC yet.  I
know that Linux has been using some.  The PPC code is also larger than
m68k code.  I just picked up a 4.55 GB SCSI drive (Seagate Hawk 2XL)
from Insight for $320, though.  (The wide version is $340).

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com