Subject: Re: powermac progress
To: Dale Rahn <drahn@pdnt.com>
From: Dan Jacobowitz <drow@mindcryme.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/07/1998 11:50:05
On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Dale Rahn wrote:

> How far along in booting is the powermac port?

Not very, but moving increasingly rapidly.

As an aside, I think in the next two weeks I'll put up a status webpage
for it...

> I now have some access to a 6500 powermac (my wife's machine) and
> think it would be nice if I could get it to run BSD on it from
> a zip or something eventually.

That'll be great...testers are always useful, although I wish you luck
installing BSD in 100MB.  It's mighty cramped.

> I have worked with the bsd some in the past and currently have a turned
> off powerstack (motorola powerpc) machine that some of the code
> could be tested on. It currently has a BSD port running on it
> with the openfirmware only drivers.

I'll be in touch - I only have a powermac, and there's a few booter
changes I'd like to test on a non-apple machine.

> Ok, maybe I am looking for an excuse to get back to working on BSD
> I have taken nearly a year break from playing and would like get back
> to work on it.

Exactly ditto :)  Haven't touched NetBSD since I ran mac68k a year ago.

Dan