Subject: Re: Almost ready inline kernel booter
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <youngdrow@geocities.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/10/1998 21:35:01
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:28:04 -0500
 Daniel Jacobowitz <youngdrow@geocities.com> wrote:

 > Eventually, I will try to add libz support.  Thank you for pointing out
 > to me that libz was what I was talking about; I knew it rang a bell - I
 > see it every time I link ofwboot, even though it is currently unused (?
 > It have a function I don't know about?).

No.  The read functions in libsa automatically DTRT if you attempt to
load a gzip'd kernel image.  No additional changes are necessary.  If
your boot block attempts to read either a netbsd or a netbsd.gz, the
right thing will happen.  Pretty cool, huh?  :-)

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935