Port-pmax archive

Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

Le 16/03/2019 à 17:44, Dave McGuire a écrit :
On 3/16/19 11:04 AM, Maxime Villard wrote:
I think that what Robert, and others (including me) argument is
actually that things should not be removed, and the reason would be
that this is the core mission, purpose, reason (or whatever you want
to call it) for NetBSDs existence. Instead it should be fixed, because
that is what it all is about. Make it work - don't remove it.

It seems our disagreement comes down to that, indeed. It seems to me
this has
already been answered to, too, in previous discussions.

   Sigh.  So I see you're at it again.

   You are obviously quite obsessed with chopping out functionality that
you have unilaterally decided is not worth having in NetBSD anymore.

Could you possibly be more dishonest than this? Impressive. Keep up the good
work.

   Just who the hell do you think you are, anyway, and why are you so
obsessed with trashing everything that existed before you graced us with
your presence?

I am one of the very few people that have continuously and extensively worked
on the NetBSD kernel over the last five years, to bring stability, performance
and security improvements in all of the system. I've redesigned a good part of
our x86 port, I've developed all the complex fixes for the speculation bugs,
I've worked on securing our network stack, our syscalls, our allocators, I've
developed comprehensive hypervisor support, the strongest KASLR existing to
date, and apart from that, I've developed numerous bug detection systems that
have fixed several hundreds of bugs in NetBSD, among many other miscellaneous
things I've done in and for NetBSD.

And you, who are you exactly? You sound like a clueless fatass.

   If you have such a problem with the COMPAT_* layers, go fix them.  I
realize that would be more work, and it'd be easier to just trash them,
but that's not what NetBSD is about, and your attitude about this is
most unwelcome, coming from this NetBSD user since v0.9.

   You need a serious adjustment of perspective.  As others have
suggested, please go read about what NetBSD is, its clearly-stated
mission, and its spirit.

As I said, keep up the good work. Anyway you've just lost what was left
of your credibility, your mails go directly to the trash from now on.