Port-pmax archive

Re: config(5) break down

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

It kind of looks like possibly a problem in bt_insbusy() called from vmem_xalloc() when memory gets tight. I haven't had much time to try
to debug this yet (the RaidFrame parity really hurts here).  I also
tried a NetBSD-4.0_STABLE kernel, with the same results. I noticed there were a number of changes in subr_vmem.c between my 4.0_BETA and 4.0_STABLE.

  An update....

  I copied this system to a 5000/260 with 180M of memory, and it was able
to boot up to multiuser with the NetBSD-4.0_STABLE. A 5.0.1 kernel, and an older NetBSD-5.0_STABLE kernel both hang when clamd is starting. and the only thing I've been able to determine so far is that it's in the trap handling when I halt it. I'd guess it's looping with memory exceptions at a high IPL. If I disable the clamd startup, then 5.0_STABLE boots fine
and seems to run OK.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant