Port-pmax archive

Re: recent mips updates causes asc0 problems on pmax port

2009/8/11 Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>:
>> When booting a pmax kernel on a DECStation 5000 with a kernel built
>> from sources current as of yesterday, I see several messages
>> apparently indicating SCSI or disk problems:
>  :
>> ioasic_intr: xfer (-33552896) > req (2048)
>> asc0: !TC on DATA XFER [intr 10, stat 87, step 4] prevphase 1, resid 800
>> asc0: !TC on DATA XFER [intr 10, stat 83, step 4] prevphase 1, resid 0
>
> Sorry, it's my fault, not recent mips changes.
>
> Could you please try the following fix?

Hi again,

Your patch applied to an up-to-date pmax kernel really does seem to
fix the problem.

Thank you (and sorry for blaming the mips updates...)

I'm now in the process of re-creating /usr/bin and then looking for
what else went hay-wire
before updating sources and trying to let the machine build.sh itself
once again :-)

- Erik