Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax 4.0_BETA problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Gavare <anders@gavare.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/05/2006 21:52:57
Hi again pmax-list,

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Anders Gavare wrote:

..
> 3. Makedev fails on the 'mouse' device.

JFYI, the 4.0_BETA 20060902 daily build, when installed via ftp, still
has this problem.

> 4. startx works out of the box :-) which is good news, because it
>   didn't work with NetBSD 2.x or 3.x. However, the mouse cursor moves
>   down to the right-bottom corner of the screen, and stays there.

Luckily (from NetBSD's perspective), I have come to the conclusion that
this is because of a bug in the emulator, and not in NetBSD.

(The emulator relied on the old behaviour of NetBSD (pre-wscons), which
was that NetBSD would set the framebuffer's _hardware_ cursor, not just
a software cursor.)

Anders