Subject: NetBSD/pmax 4.0_BETA problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Gavare <anders@gavare.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/26/2006 11:47:38
Hi All,

I just tried NetBSD/pmax 4.0_BETA (20060823, I think) in my emulator
(GXemul) on a DECstation 5000/200, and noticed some minor problems. I
don't know whether these also appear on real hardware, or only in the
emulator, but anyway I thought I should mail the list about these
things:

1. If installing via serial console, there are debug messages for all
    key presses, making it very hard to read anything.  (Installing via
    framebuffer looks much better.)

2. Installation of 4.0_BETA (from SCSI CDROM) feels quite a bit slower
    than 3.0.1.

3. Makedev fails on the 'mouse' device.

4. startx works out of the box :-) which is good news, because it
    didn't work with NetBSD 2.x or 3.x. However, the mouse cursor moves
    down to the right-bottom corner of the screen, and stays there.

Other than that, NetBSD/pmax 4 is looking good.

Anders