Subject: Re: DECstation gear available in San Francisco
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@linux-mips.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/13/2005 13:54:52
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> > - DEC memory module for 5000/240 ... looks like it might be battery-
> > backed... also has 2 LEDs.  It fits into a memory slot (the last
> > one?), not a TC slot.  Numbers screened on the board: 5020947-01-B1
> > and 5020948
>
> prestoserve, maybe?

 Definitely -- that's a nice board.  I've noticed it's not going to work
reliably in any memory slot but the last one on the KN03 baseboard --
there is a small IC (a PAL?) next to it -- perhaps it provides support
specifically for the NVRAM board.  I don't know if it's true for the KN02
board as well.

  Maciej