Subject: Re: problem compiling wscons kernel on pmax
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/26/2005 00:00:10
Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> wrote:

>> Now the next problem is that neither with my customized nor with the
>> stock NetBSD 2.0 WSCONS kernel do I get an X-server an the screen.
>> XdecNetBSD does run (I can see it with top), but all I see is five
>> garbeled blocks of random pixels in the upper ca. 3% of my screen.
>> Could it be incompatible with my setup?
>
>Hmm, maybe few people tried XdecNetBSD on R4000 pmaxen with mfb. Could
>you try -current kernel? I've put compiled one:
>http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-3MIN-20050128.gz

tried it, but it did not make a difference. I think it is rather a problem with
XdecNetBSD than with the kernel.

BTW, I still get:

wsconscfg: WSDISPLAY0_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAY0_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAY0_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAY0_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory
wsconsctl: WSCBDIO_SETENCODING: Invalid argument

Maybe my wscons.conf is not compatible?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de     +49 178 8545053