Subject: Updated PMAX Bootable CD-ROM Instructions? (fwd)
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/25/2004 23:09:04
All:

Per the message below, in the interest of prudence, I'd like to check in
with other active port maintainers / developers on the same subject;
specifically, some of the more exotic(1) ports.

With regards to:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html#pmaximage

1) Are these instructions still valid?
2) Are there any notes / caveats / changes related to the upcoming 2.0
release?
3) To help me improve the docs, could someone please test/verify and send me the
script(1) output of the process so that I may include any stdout/stderr
of importance that may be beneficial to illustrating the process.

1. Defined as "exotic" if I have haven't had the pleasure of working
with due to lack of hardware access. =)

Thanks,
~Brian

-------

[sorry, itchy trigger finger]

All:
	I'm in the process of trying to merge some of the traditional htdocs
*.list HTMl docs into the NetBSD Guide (XML/DocBook) in an attempt to
reduce a bit of overlap.  Specifically I'm adding notes regarding the
use of the Makefile make iso-image target system in src/etc/ in
additional to manual mkisofs(8) generation  -- however, for sgimips,
which appears to support this method, boot-cdrom.list references this
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/port-sgimips/2003/06/29/0000.html

...when I convert the port-sgimips instructions, shall I copy this
original content verbatim including the URL. should I include the
directions contained within that URL, or does someone have updated
instructions that they'd like to contribute?

I don't see any `04 posts in the list archives related to CD-ROMs...and
I don't track port-sgimips very closely.

~lava

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 04:28:41PM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> ...when I convert the port-sgimips instructions, shall I copy this
> original content verbatim including the URL. should I include the
> directions contained within that URL, or does someone have updated
> instructions that they'd like to contribute?

That URL (and the instructions therein) are obsolete.

NetBSD/sgimips uses the make iso-image method; the boot procedure is
documented in the INSTALL doc.

-- Chris