Subject: RE: DECstation 3100 self-test failure
To: 'George Harvey' <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Mohr <robmohr@charter.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/24/2004 19:05:08
George,

I have a 3100 that is fully functional with the exception of the internal
SCSI harness.  A few of the wires in the harness have separated from the
connector and it is next to impossible to determine where they came from, or
how I might reconnect them.  I've had no luck locating a replacement
internal SCSI harness, so the machine is basically useless to me now.

Anyhow, I am running a 5000/200 now, and really no longer need the 3100.
I'd be willing to pull the main board from the 3100 (or even the whole case
including supply) and ship it to you if wanted to cover the shipping costs.

It is fully configured with RAM (although I don't recall the size of the
chips that are in it).

Prior to the SCSI harness falling apart, the machine passed all self-tests
and was running NetBSD 1.4 (the HDD has been removed and is in use with the
5000/200 now under 1.6.2)

Let me know if you are interested and I can get your address and estimate
the shipping cost for the board.  If you are located anywhere within driving
distance of western Connecticut you are welcome to pick it up in person.

Rob Mohr

(P.S. I also have a VR-299 color monitor and cable that was used with the
built-in frame-buffer on the 3100.  The thing is very bulky and heavy and
would probably cost more than it is worth to ship, however you are welcome
to it.)