Subject: Re: DECstation 3100 not booting NetBSD/pmax 1.6.2 CD ?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.org>
From: Benson Chow <blc@q.dyndns.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/23/2004 15:26:20
It appears at that point the second stage is trying to load the kernel
and had problems reading the image (?).  Try burning another cdrom
or go through the extensive memory check routines.  Might want to also
check to see if SCSI parity is working OK and cabling is good.  Also try
removing banks of memory, maybe one is bad.

Make sure you also try the whole command just to be sure...

boot -f rz(0,4,0)/install

I think I had to do something like that to boot my homemade pmax iso image
boot cd, but the original iso image cd worked without it (?)...

Hope this helps.

-bc

BTW, anyone know where I could get a copy of the 7.02 firmware?  I have a
EPROM burner and a UV eraser lamp, I think they still work...