Subject: Re: My dec 5000/25 went boink on me today
To: Mauricio <supremedalek@hotpop.com>
From: Wai-Sun Chia <waisun.chia@hp.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/15/2004 23:03:39
Yeah..looks like HD problem to me also...
I have a uVAXII which had a similar problem, although MFM disks are
arguably more robust to corruptions than SCSI disks as a reformat would
take those bad sectors out...

--
           a8888b.
          d888888b.
          8P"YP"Y88       Wai-Sun "Squidster" Chia
          8|o||o|88       Technical Consultant (RHCE)
          8'    .88       Linux/Unix Development
          8`._.' Y8.      Consulting & Integration
         d/      `8b.     HP Services Malaysia
        dP   .    Y8b.
       d8:'  "  `::88b
      d8"         'Y88b
     :8P    '      :888
      8a.   :     _a88P
    ._/"Yaa_:   .| 88P|
    \    YP"    `| 8P  `.

    "Phear the Penguins!"

  "I'm not out to destroy Microsoft.
  That will just be a completely unintentional side effect."
  - Linus Torvalds -