Subject: Re: DECStation 5000/25 power supply
To: Guo-Rong Koh <gkoh@westnet.com.au>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/25/2004 09:21:30
You should open up the box and check if there's a lot of dust in it.
Sometimes it will build up and clog the vent holes on the sides of the
PSU. I've seen that more than once in these old machines, and it could
definitely lead to overheating.

cheers,
Anders

--
This cool Mail was sent on Wed 02/25/04 at 0:19AM PST

If there are self-made purgatories, then we all have to live in them.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.7

* AHS Geoteknik
* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN