Subject: DECStation 5000/25 power supply
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Guo-Rong Koh <gkoh@westnet.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/25/2004 15:52:31
Hi,

Just decided to catch up with NetBSD pmax again only to find my DECStation's
power supply is doing funny stuff.

Has anyone experienced a DECStation randomly losing power without warning?
It has occurred a few times now, once during the initial disk partitioning and
again during kernel compilation.

The system simply powers off, almost like a power save mode. The power switch is
still in the on position and when switched off takes some time before it will
power on again.
It seems like some sort of overheat protection mode, but I can't find any
information related to it ... and it's not that hot here.

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Guo-Rong