Subject: Re: Ultrix media set
To: Mingus, Denny <DENNY.MINGUS@ttu.edu>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/14/2004 12:54:42
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Mingus, Denny wrote:

> I know this is a NetBSD forum, but there aren't a lot of active
> decstation groups.
>
> Does anyone have an old Ultrix media set for  Decstation?
> What is the legal status of  purchasing the licensed software from
> someone else?

	I have the Ultrix 4.5 DECstation install CD, but that's it. I
don't pretend to know about purchasing licensing, however, I believe you
can still call ComDEChpPaq and get it "free of charge". I bet they will
rape you on shipping actual media to you. As for licensing, there's a site
somewhere that lets you get license keys for any Ultrix product. I can't
remember what the URL is though. Don't forget about the Y2K patch set for
Ultrix.

> Thanks to anyone with any answers.  I have netbsd currently on a 240,
> and wish to get together the hardware to run it with keyboard,mouse and
> monitor.  Or am I mistaken in thinking NetBSD doesn't have console
> support on these machines (I think I have a PMAG-B video card).

	You are mistaken, almost all cards are support as console. There
is a list http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/pmax/models.html#supp-options

--

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.