Subject: Re: le0 got dead?
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/24/2003 16:04:01
> When dhclient starts up the machine stops or trying
> to ifconfig le0. Hitting control-alt-enter yields

Key depress or mouse move causes the same message on console while
ifconfig chokes.  In my system Ctrl-Alt-<X works as designed.

> dt0: input overflow - on my 5000/25
>
> I tried the serial console (this is unpatched current) and it's
> miscomputing my CPU speed as 20MHz as well, the clock does run at bus
> speed right? Should I be applying your last set of patches Andy or did you
> pull them all into current?

Strange.
- LANCE gets broken (somehow).
- heuristic CPU speed estimation goes wrong.
The latter cause is likely to compiler change fallout.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology