Subject: Maxine graphic card hardware problem
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.org>
From: Reiner Buehl <reiner.buehl@hp.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/20/2003 12:08:22
Hello,

I had NetBSD running on my 5000/33. After a long periode where I did not use
the system, I had the following problem when I tried to start up this week:
Instead of the rather colorful graphics card self-test that the system
normally does, I only get a steady, white, cursor-like rectangle in the
lower left corner of the screen. The system does not boot and does not
react on any input. Has anybody had similar failures and a solution?
Is there a way to set the 5000/33 to serial console mode without access to
the prom in such a situation?

Best regards,
Reiner.