Subject: Re: My 5000/25 decided to freeze
To: <>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/2003 21:19:58
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Mauricio wrote:

> 	I had it running for a few days (less than a week).  Twenty
> minutes ago I went to open a ssh to it.  Nothing.  I try then use the
> console.  Nothing.  Telnet.  Same.  So, I have to manually reboot the
> beast.  What could be causing that?  HD going boink?

	Improper/no SCSI termination, overheat, dirt, dust, failed power
supply fans, flaky power supply, bad motherboard, dirty contacts, bad RAM,
EMP, nearby lightning strike, Saint Elmo's Fire, noisy power, George
W. Bush, and sun spots!

	Seriously though, clean and reseat everything, failing that, wash
with alcohol and don't blow yourself up doing it.

--

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.