Subject: Re: Configuring X11 to run in my 5000/25
To: <>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/10/2003 14:27:39
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Mauricio wrote:

> 	Stupid question:  where can I find some info on how to
> configure X11 to run in my 5000/25 running 1.6.1?  I did try simply
> typing startx -- just for the heck of it -- and fell on my face:
<snip>

	Because of the way X works on pmax systems, you need to recompile
a kernel with OPTIONS=INSECURE in your kernel config file. All the kernels
in the distribution ship without this (for security reasons obviously).
Last I checked, this prevents X from working on most systems.

 --

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.