Subject: Re: VGA adapter or monitor
To: Frederik Harwath <fnord@binarydigit.de>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/28/2003 16:24:55
On 2003.05.28 14:41 Frederik Harwath wrote:
> hello everyone :)=20
> I was just wondering wether anyone on this list has a spare monitor or
> an adapter to attach a vga monitor to a decstation (I have two of the
> low-end 5000/120).
Has it a 3W3 connector?=20
You don't have a 3W3 BNC cable?
Look at http://www.reichelt.de/ where you can get all the parts to make
one. (And possibly a ready made cable. I know that Reichelt has 13W3 to
VGA and BNC cables.)=20
If you have a 3W3-BNC cable, get a VGA-BNC cable and BNC-BNC adapters.
You can use BNC T adapters from your old 10Base2 Ethernet too. Connect
the cables with the BNC side together, plug the VGA end in the monitor.
Done. If your monitor has a fixed cable get a SubD15HD gender changer
and plug the monitor cable into the VGA-BNC cable.=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen