Subject: Re: 1.6.1 on dec5000/200 questions
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/26/2003 18:11:24
On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 12:32:41AM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2003.05.14 22:22 Aaron J. Grier wrote:
>
> > fza (DEC FDDIcontroller 700 (DEFZA; fiber optic)) at tc0 slot 5 offset
> > 0x0 not configured
> > even if it's PIO, it's still got to be better than 10mbit ethernet.
> Well, give me docs and time and I may come up with a driver. (If I don't
> get distracted to much by my PPC toys...)

Matt Thomas stated he had the docs a few years back and I think Maciej
Rozycki and Jason Thorpe have mentioned something about it too.

it may not be able to go the full 100mbit, but it's still got to be
faster than 10mbit ethernet.

      "It's not fast, but why not?"  --  John Klos on VAX dnet client
  "because it needlessly contributes to global warming?"  --  Paul Vixie