Subject: Re: Trouble loading 1.6 on 5000/200 sd0
To: Debros, Frederic M.,Md <FDEBROS@PARTNERS.ORG>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/14/2003 13:39:16
On Wed, 14 May 2003, Debros, Frederic M.,Md wrote:

> looks like everything loads onto the sd0 disk nicely with sysinstall, last
> question is whether my network settings are correct (are!) and should go into
> /etc [y]:
> then nothing
> killing the machine and rebooting >>>
> when i >>>boot 5/rz0/netbsd:
>
> netbsd primary then sec bootstrap loading
>
> 7 figures and then:  stops dead
>
> am I doing something wrong here?

	Try "setenv console *" for graphics console or "setenv console s"
before typing the boot command.If you are on a serial console, make sure
that you have RTS/CTS (hardware handshaking aka Modem control) flow
control enabled. I'll dig my 5000/200 motherboard out of the closet and
see if it works for me early next week if you still can't get it to boot.

--

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.