Subject: Re: Good source of DecStation hardware?
To: Zach Lowry <zach@zachlowry.net>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/05/2003 10:57:09
i think many of us aask the same question! i found my '260s at the
university where i work, sitting in a storage room waiting to be thrown
out.. ive never gotten a 150, and only seen one of them. lesser pmax
hardware abounds; 2100s and 3100s are plentiful.. i can give you a 3100
or 2100 if you like, or a 5k125 or possibly a 5k200... but faster stuff is
hard to find..
good luck on the quest though! theyre _still_ some of the nicest
machines around!
(im writing this on the console of one 5k260, ssh'ed into another 5k260
that is my main shell machine and server :-)
happy hacking,
isildur