Subject: Re: Prestoserve module
To: Collin Baillie <Collin.Baillie@world.net>
From: Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/02/2003 12:25:26
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Collin Baillie wrote:

> Seems you can use it purely as a cache between the OS and the disk drivers.
> So this could be used for purposes other than NFS?

 Certainly it could -- it's just a linear chunk of memory that happens to
be SRAM and battery-backed-up.  For example I use my module to keep a
small filesystem useful for diagnostics -- I implemented a Linux driver as
a Memory Technology Device (MTD), which means the board's memory is
presented to a user as a character and a block device.