Subject: Re: automatic booting
To: None <daniel@bicho.SynchroDesign.COM, mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@bicho.SynchroDesign.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/11/2003 11:44:21
Hi,

>if any of the self-tests complain, a decstation will stay at the chevron
>instead of autobooting. do _both_ machines give you the message from the
>pmagb-b you mention? that is the video card complaining about something

Yes, both machine give the exact same message.

>(probably something unimportant, but nonetheless, its something). Your
>video card(s) might just be getting flaky. One thing to check, sort of my
>mantra with DECstations, is dust and dirt. If it's been a while since the

I have the feeling that something is not quite kosher with these
pmag-b cards. In some windows, mainly black letters over gray
background (e.g. mozilla) part of the letters don't show up clearly,
as if they were partially erased, something that didn't occur
before.

>machines have been cleaned, it's worth it to put 20 min to cleaning
>them out well. if you have a vacuum with a soft brush-attachment, that is

I did clean the connectors, but no avail.

Thanks for your help.

Dan