Subject: Re: pmax / NetBSD 1.5.2 to 1.6 upgrade problem
To: Hilmar =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=F6hm?= <Hilmar.Boehm@hiro-consult.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/21/2002 22:56:13
On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 10:48:08PM +0100, Hilmar Böhm wrote:
> Hi, Manuel!
>
> > As a workaround, you can edit your fstab to change rz to sd before
> rebooting
> > on cd.
>
> Bingo!!
>
> Another problem are ccd devices and upgrade: Obviously it seems not to be
> enough to change the rz- to sd-devices within /etc/ccd.conf.  What else has
> to be done.

I suspect sysinst doesn't deal with ccd on upgrade as well, it doesn't
configure them. If no system partitions are on the ccd, then it's possible
to remove them from fstab for the upgrade.
Otherwise, the solution is probably to exist sysinst, configure the ccd
(hopefully the INSTALL kernel supports it, and ccdconfig is on the install
media) and restat sysinst.

> I had a few more (additional) problems during upgrade and finally I ended up
> in an installation of the 1.6 from scratch.
>
> Before the upgrade I was able to do "dump"s of "/" and "/usr";, but when I
> decided to "restore" the "/"-dump (from within the installation environment)
> I got the error message (from "restore"):
>    st0: 10240-byte tape record too big for 2048-byte user buffer
> What can I do to restore this dump-backup?

What options did you use for dump ?
restore -b 10 will probably work ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>