Subject: Re: [Fwd: WSCONS and Layout]
To: pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Wevers <hadsjikiedee@xs4all.nl>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/18/2002 15:13:40
Carsten Friede wrote:

>Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>

>>Carsten Friede wrote:

>>>Okay, I read it. And now, how do I make these devices?

>>        mknod /dev/ttyE0 c 88 0
>><type> is the first letter on the web line (all are 'c', for
>>'character')
>><maj>/<min> are the two numbers befoer the date
>>and <name> is the last word on each line.
>>

>Good, the devices are made. But wsconscfg complain on startup that
>"Operation not supported by device". What's that? What do I have to do
>now?
>
>Cheers
>
>Carsten

Did you boot the right kernel? The reason I'm asking is that this
happens to me when I boot the "normal" NetBSD kernel, instead of the
special WSCONS one.

If this is the case, go to http://www.interlude.eu.org/~ad/wscons/ and
download netbsd-20020922.gz. Unzip it and then copy netbsd-20020922 to
/wscons.

Now halt your machine and boot the wscons kernel. (For a Decstation 5000
/ 240 you would need to type boot 3/rzX/wscons -aN at the >> prompt. I
don't know what the syntax for the 5000 / 133 is).

Be excellent,
Louis

 <http://www.interlude.eu.org/%7Ead/wscons/XdecNetBSD-alpha.gz>