Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6/pmax: timing/SCSI problems?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/18/2002 09:34:33
Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de> said;

> almost two months ago you wrote in reply to my problems with NetBSD 1.6
> on a DecStation 5000/150:
> I finally found the time to convert back to 1.5.3, and yes, it runs
> nicely with the 1.5.3 generic kernel, just as it used to before I went to 1.6.
> The timing problems with 1.6 release continue to exist.
>
> Is there anything I could try to get 1.6 running without that SCSI timing
> problems?

I also have DECstation5000/50 at hand and 1.6 works well on it.
It seems a kind of clock calibration error.  It sounds strange because
4MAXINE (5000/50) and 4MIN (5000/150) share the identical CPU
module and identical SCSI/DMA circuit.  Need more feedback from
4MIN users.

> mcclock0: Cannot get 100 Hz clock; using 256 Hz

This message is misleading.   NetBSD/pmax has HZ (time slice) = 256Hz
from the its beginning and never settled 100Hz.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology