Subject: Re: test
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/15/2002 00:54:48
Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com> wrote

> There's probably 100ish 5000/260's, averaging 192MB of RAM.  The only
> 5900/60 (what's the right way of describing that?) that they had now
> happens to live in my computer room :-).
>
> There's probably only a dozen or so that are connected up with FDDI (no
> CDDI)...

DECsystem 5900 was one of most solid and sophisticated MIPS system
in history.  Combined with R4000, DEFTA and TCDS, the handsome
rackmounted installation was very competitive to other glass roots
or heavy metals (think Crimson/Challenge).  It was unfortunate ascend
of MIPS was derailed by NT3.5 and Alpha at one time...

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology