Subject: Re: DECsystem 5800
To: None <vance@neurotica.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/12/2002 11:36:02
It's just a bootable ffs filesystem, IIRC. The tape install was
different, the kernel had a miniroot built into it, etc.. afaik one couldnt
just make a boot tape from the cd. Someone i gave an ultrix cd to
recently netbooted ultrix from it, ill ask him how he did it.
if you can write to one of the disks, too, you can dd the cd onto a
normal disk and boot from it as well. the 4.5 cd is only about 260 megs.

isildur