Subject: Re: test
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/11/2002 14:12:43
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:01:54PM -0500, Paul Mather wrote:

> I was sad to see them get rid of that 5k/240.  It was reliable as
> hell.  It even stayed up during a power glitch when *everything* else
> rebooted.  I don't know what they use for power supplies in the
> 5k/240, but it sure was good!

here here.  I definitely raise my glass to DEC engineering.  my /240
continues to chug along with NetBSD 1.4.3A (and soon 1.6).  the only
things that affect its uptime are power outages exceeding my UPS'
holding ability, and the (once a year or so) difficult-to-track NFS bug.
the latter doesn't actually kill the machine: just the NFS traffic.

even the 3100s and 2100s are tough critters.

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400