Subject: Re: test
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/11/2002 13:30:07
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 01:09:28PM -0500, Lord Isildur wrote:

=> X allegedly now works.. in 1.5 there were some patches or whatnot one had
=> to apply, but people had it running. my netbsd/pmax machines run
=> headless..

I had X running on my DECstation 3100 for quite a while.  We had X
running on DECstation 5000/25s before that, although they suffered
from "jumping mouse pointer" syndrome even under modest load.  I don't
know if that was ever cured.

=> i dont know if the lack of activity here is from nobody running these
=> machines anymore (that would be a shame!) or from things Just Working..
=> maybe a quick show of hands to see who actually still a: reads port-pmax
=> and b: runs a pmax (even with something other than NetBSD?)

I have a DECstation 3100 at home running some flavour of NetBSD
1.3-current that I used as an X server for my headless DEC 3000/300
for ages.  Then, I acquired a retired IBM Model 7006 RS/6000 with a
24-bit display adapter that used to be in a CAD lab, and that now
serves as my X server.  (The DECstation 3100 currently is packed away,
alas.)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu