Subject: Re: 5k/200 questions
To: Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
From: Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/23/2002 15:25:33
On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> 3) The monitor, a Digital GDM-1960, has a nice image in X but it
> leaves almost an inch unused on the sides and some on the
> top/bottom. Is there a way to adjust the monitor (or the xserver)
> to better use the space (maybe something like a modeline that
> xfree uses on i386)?

 Depending on the graphics adapter you use it might be possible to
reconfigure it via software means as many (most? -- I think only the MX
and the CX are dumb enough to omit such a feature) of them permit
adjustments of timings of blank/sync pulses.  I don't know if there is any
software to perform such tuning, though.  It isn't hard to write.

 The other alternative is to adjust the monitor as you've already been
advised.