Subject: Re: rcorder
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/19/2002 22:02:39
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 09:44:52PM -0400, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> > I have a hdd problem and after an fdisk I am getting a bunch of rcorder
> > errors in the /etc tree.  Is there any way to restore sanity to this from
> > a tar'd backup?  Is there some sort of database file that keeps track of
> > this stuff that I can restore or do I really need to reistall at this
> > point?
>
> It you have a tar file, just extract it !
> If you don't and didn't change anything in /etc/rc.d, you can extract the
> etc.tgz set in some tempory place and copy etc/rc.d from there.

OK, more specifically, it will not let me delete or replace the following
in /etc/rc.d
route6d, rwho, securelevel, sysctl, wscons, rtadvd, savcore, sendmail, or
virecover
and these are the files that are reporting rcorder errors at this point.
And yes I  have tried to get rid of them on single user mode.. HELP! :-)
Thanks!

--
-Linc Fessenden