Subject: Re: openssl-0.9.6e + release-1-4 + i386 = unhappy
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/23/2002 20:06:34
On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 11:15:11AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> > already my ELF pmax machine is grumping at me:
>
> [I'm copying this to port-pmax.] If this is a reproducible problem
> with openssl-0.9.6g we could do the same thing as for NetBSD 1.4* --
> build non-shared -- unless somebody has a better idea.

openssl-0.9.6g compiled as a shared library without complications on my
1.4.3 pmax with 1.56 of security/openssl/Makefile, and the resulting
openssh binaries work as expected.

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400