Subject: Re: Compiling openssl-0.9.6e failed on pmax
To: NetBSD pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/15/2002 14:15:31
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:00:01AM +0200, Uwe Lienig wrote:

> libcrypto.so.300.0 is not complete. There might be no reference to a
> lib containing dlopen and the like. But I'm very new to the
> pkgsrc-system and have no idea where to look in the many makefiles to
> change this particular commandline, even I don't know how dlopen (and
> the others) may be undefined! So, what should I do to get rid of this
> problem.

I ran into this on my 1.4-running pmax as well... dlopen and friends are
in /usr/lib/crt0.o, which the linker normally takes care of, but
obviously shared libraries are a special case.  not knowing being an ELF
shared library guru, I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

of course this is nothing compared to the gyrations required for older
a.out systems.  there I just threw up my hands and am sticking with a
statically linked openssl.  :P

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400