Subject: Addendum: More on compiling openssl-0.9.6e failed on pmax
To: NetBSD pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Uwe Lienig <Uwe.Lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/09/2002 11:25:50
Hi folks,

Originally I tried to install cyrus-imapd which in turn requires openssl-0.9.6e
to be installed. Since the system has been installed from scratch there was no
entry for openssl-0.9.6e in the pkgdb. NetBSD itself comes with ssh that needs
ssl. The libraries are installed in the default place (/usr/lib/libcrypto.so).
So basically the compiling and linking of imapd went fine since the needed
libraries are in place (I checked with ldd).

For reference see

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-pmax/2002/08/08/0000.html

I tried to get the version from the installed libcrypto.so but after lurking
around for a cmd that would give me the information I couldn't find one (the lib
in /usr/lib is named libcrypto.so.0 - not really a version number). Is there any
way to find out the version of an installed library?

Now I'm wondering what feature is missing in imapd, that is provided by the
openssl-0.9.6e?

TIA

--
Uwe Lienig  | fon: (+49 351) 462 2780 | mailto:uwe.lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de
            | fax: (+49 351) 462 3476 | http://www.fif.mw.htw-dresden.de
HTW Dresden | parcels: Gutzkowstr. 22 | letters: PF 12 07 01
   -FiF-    |          01069 Dresden  |          01008 Dresden