Subject: PMAX Accessories Available for Pickup
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <henry.bent@oberlin.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/11/2002 22:39:43
Hi all,

I'm trimming down my collection of DEC-related gear and I'd like to offer
several items for pickup in the Cleveland area - specifically Oberlin, if you're
familar with where that is.  It's about 45 min southwest of Cleveland, zip code
44074.  Please do not ask me about shipping the items - the reason I'm offering
them for pickup is that I don't want to deal with packing them.

That being said, here's what I have:

-One VRT19-DA 19" monitor supporting 66Hz sync-on-green.  I used it to connect
to a PMAG-F.
-One VR297-DA 17" monitor supporting 60Hz sync-on-green.  I used it to connect
to a PMAG-B.
-One VRM17-AA 17" MONOCHROME monitor supporting 66Hz or 72Hz sync-on-green.  I
used it to connect to a VAXstation 4000/90.
-One DEMPR-AA 10base2 ethernet repeater.  It is untested as I never had a use
for it.
-One DECsystem 5000/200 with 64MB of memory and no disk boxes.  This was
discontinued from use at the local LUG after it started giving strange errors
which I believe to be memory-related, although they had nothing to do with ECC.
This is all the info I have as I've not had a chance to power it on and test
it.  This is strictly as-is.
-One DECstation 5000/120 with no memory and an RZ23 disk.  This is untested and
is also offered as-is because it's probably been 5+ years since this was powered
up.
-Miscellaneous LK-401s and VSXXX-AA "hockey puck" mice.  Probably 3 keyboards
and 6 mice, depending on what I can find.
-Fourteen 2MB 80pin SIMMs for 5000/1xx or Personal DECstation computers.  These
were all good when removed from service but I can't guarantee them now.

All items are offered with the stipulation that they are for personal use and
are not to be re-sold on eBay.  The monitors are all in good working condition;
everything else is as described.  Items will be given away in the order in which
I recieve emails.  Of course, please email me personally rather than emailing
the list about this.  Also, I would prefer to give away the mice and the memory
with other items as they're pretty inconsequential on their own.

With the details out of the way, I'd like to say that I hope these can go to
folks who are interested in running NetBSD on them.  This list has been a great
help to me through my trials and tribulations with pmax boxes, and I'm offering
these as a thanks to the community.

--
Henry Bent                       henry.bent@oberlin.edu
Help Desk Consultant             Oberlin College CIT