Subject: serial terminal, decstation 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Swieton <swietonm@student.gvsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/05/2002 17:12:04
I have a question: I have a DECstation 5000/200 and storage station that
appears to boot. I have no moniter so I don't /know/, but whatever.

I have a WYSE 150 serial terminal I'm having trouble hooking up to it. I have the comm
settings set to 9600,8N1. Rcv handshake set to DTR, rcv handshake level set to
192. Transmit handshake set to xon/xoff (or off, niether works). I'm using FDX
comm mode. I get no output of any kind. It's hooked up to port 3 on the DEC
and port 1 on the terminal (Which is correct). I'm using a belkin F3D112
serial cable. Is that right? Or do I need null-modem or something?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike Swieton
--