Subject: Usign 132 columns with rcons on PMAGB-B
To: NetBSD pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Collin Baillie <sanac@optushome.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/15/2002 10:32:44
Hey guys,

I've got my recently acquired DECstation 5000/240 running NetBSD 1.4.2 using
the helper system method.

Here's the details of the machine:

DECstation 5000/240
10 x 8MB RAM Boards
1 x 1MB NVRAM Prestoserve module
External SUN 411 with Barracude 4gb (ST15150N) drive
PMAGB-B connected to a HP 1097D 19" Monitor (1280x1024 @ 72Hz)

What I'm wondering is this: Can I run the console in 132 columns? I'm
running the generic install kernel still.

I tried

spruce# stty cols 132

but it stayed displaying at 80 cols, although ps clearly tries to display at
132 columns and it just gets wrapped, and stty -e reports 132 columns.

I tried to search goold for anything related to stty and port-pmax or
columns and port-pmax and didn't find anything useful.

Also is there a better way to search the mail archives than google?

Cheers,

Collin