Subject: ipf / nat woes on PMAX?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/26/2002 21:54:43
Hi.

I am using DECstation 5000/240 with NetBSD 1.5.1 as router / firewall
with NAT.
My internal network is connected to le1, le0 is the connection to the
world (static IP, permanent connection). I am using the tunnel device
tun0 with vtund 2.5b1 for a VLAN like setup. ipf is enabled, no rules
are loaded, ipnat has a mapping
bimap tun0 192.168.1.4/32  -> 1.2.3.4/32
that works as expected. But if I change the mapping to
bimap le1 192.168.1.4/32  -> 1.2.3.4/32
i.e. the mapping is moved from the tun0 interface to le1, it does not
work. It seams that le1 completely ignores any NAT mappings.

Any sugestions?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen